Did you know that there are six best approaches for tinnitus home remedies? And, did you know that you can use these effective treatment techniques without the need for a doctor’s prescription?
Well, it’s really true. You can likely find a treatment, or two, you would want to learn more about and try from the list of remedies below.
As you read about the various options for treating tinnitus, it is important to remember that this is a non-life threatening ailment and not a disease.
The Mayo Clinic , defines this situation as the sound of noise or ringing in the ears. The report also states that approximately 20 percent of the population suffers with tinnitus and that it is a symptom of an underlying condition.
Underlying conditions can be as common as age-related hearing loss, or it can be as complicated as a head, neck or spinal injury.
If you start to treat tinnitus as soon as you experience any noise, then you have a very good chance of relieving or curing the problem. Remember, the longer that you wait to handle the problem, the harder it becomes to eliminate.
6 Best Approaches for Tinnitus Home Remedies
1. Ayurvedic Approach
The dictionary definition of Ayurveda, is that this is a form of holistic alternative medicine that is the traditional medical system of India.
It is an ancient holistic form of treatment that is used to balance personal imbalances with diet, exercise, and sleep. Treatments involve herbs, yoga, meditation, and aromas to target health issues.
- Two non-invasive natural remedies recommended by Home Veda, are the use of basil leaves and onions. Both remedies render the leaves or onions into a paste that is pressed in a sieve to obtain a juice. Then, you place two drops of the juice into your affected ear, or ears.
- To treat the immune system and to aid the circulation of blood flow to the ears, Ayurveda Yoga Shram recommends taking 300 mg. of CoQ10 once a day.
2. Homeopathic Approach
Web MD defines homeopathic medicine, as a medical practice that began in Germany during the 1700s. It is based on the philosophy that the body is able to heal itself.
In the United States, homeopathic medicinal supplies have been regulated since 1938.
As with all home remedies, it is important for you to tell your personal doctor about self-managed treatments.
This information allows your doctor to have full knowledge regarding your health, and he may be able to recommend a shop or health food store where you can buy homeopathic supplies and solutions.
Homeopathic treatments are non-invasive and natural cures for tinnitus.
Dr. Vikas Sharma, MD is a world renowned homeopath who is based in Chandigarh, India. He has launched a web site exclusively for homeopathic remedies, and that includes home treatments for tinnitus.
One article, gives you home remedies that are specifically targeted for each of the sounds that most people hear. He recommends the following:
The China remedy and homeopathic Iris Versicolor medicine are designed for general ringing sounds. Homeopathic Formica Rufa medicine is used when the problem is more pronounced in the left ear.
Homeopathic Calcarea Flourica and Silicea medicines are two solutions used to provide relief from the roaring sound you are hearing. Silicea may be a primary remedy for roaring sounds, but it can also be beneficial in treating other noises.
Homeopathic Primla Veris medicine has two positive effects regarding the buzzing in your ears. One, it greatly relieves buzzing in the ears while you are indoors, and two, the buzzing disappears when you are out in the open.
Hissing, Whistling, Crackling and Echoing Sounds
- The Aethusa remedy targets the hissing sound in your ears.
- The Manganum Aceticum remedy is used for the whistling sound in your ears.
- Homeopathic Graphite medicine treats the crackling sounds in your ears.
- Homeopathic Belladonna medicine is effective when you experience an echoing sound in your ears.
3. Tinnitus and Vertigo Approach
Tinnitus combined with bouts of vertigo are two classic symptoms of Meniere’s disease. Meniere’s is a condition that involves the inner ear.
However, if you suffered a head injury that included the ear, the vertigo may be related to the injury and not your tinnitus.
An article on natural remedies for tinnitus and vertigo can be read. Highlighted within the report are:
- Natural Solutions that include reducing Eustachian tube mucus, stop smoking, stop the use of alcohol and all caffeine products.
- Herbs that work to clear the ears of congestion. These include lavender, lemon balm, dandelion leaf, cloves, whole coriander seeds, and parsley root tincture.
4. Fish Oil and Omega 3 Approach
Fish oil and omega 3 fatty acids are two healthy food components that your body needs to lower hypertension, reduce triglycerides, and lower your risk of a heart attack.
Briefly stated, omega 3 has three forms of fatty acids, ALA, EPA, and DHA, whereas fish oil only has two omega3 fatty acids – EPA and DHA. The benefits gained from using fish oil and omega 3 include improved blood circulation.
The direct benefit for you is that better blood circulation to the ears will reduce your tinnitus symptoms.
- The Life Extension Foundation recommends the usage of both omega 3 and fish oil for tinnitus relief.
- The fish extract, cod liver oil, is also recommended as a home remedy in an article by the Tinnitus A to Z website.
- A Tinnitus library article, states that omega 3 fatty acids are an essential part of a healthy diet needed to reduce inflammation and help your heart’s health. This allows for better blood circulation to your ears and will help to reduce or eliminate the sounds you are hearing.
5. Easy Alternative Home Remedies Approach
There are a number of leading medical organizations that have studied tinnitus and offer valuable easy alternative home remedies. Here are a few cures for tinnitus home remedies that they recommend:
- A clinical trial performed by the National Institute of Health, looked at the beneficial effects of using CoQ10 for relief of chronic tinnitus. Patients who entered the study with initial low plasma CoQ10 levels were given an increase in the plasma CoQ10 concentrate. These patients showed a clear drop-off in their chronic tinnitus sounds.
- A study conducted by the Chieti-Pescara University in Italy, discovered improved relief from tinnitus sounds when patients used pine bark. Pine bark is sold under the commercial name of Pycnogenol, and it is effective in improving inner-ear blood flow and reducing tinnitus symptoms.
- A paper from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, provides a number of home remedies for treating tinnitus symptoms. They include: Reducing the use of alcohol and caffeine; stopping any use of tobacco products; sparingly using anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, naproxen or ibuprofen; practicing relaxation techniques; and exercising regularly.
- A report from the American Tinnitus Association, lists several at home remedies that can give you relief from tinnitus sounds. The treatments include a low-salt diet, regular exercise, maintain or increase social activities with family and friends, and biofeedback relaxation techniques.
- An organization called Stop Ear Problems offers a list of natural remedies for tinnitus, that includes the use of olive oil, dried fruits, and a ghee and milk mixture used in Asian cooking. To improve blood circulation to the ears, they recommend hot compresses and placing a few drops of either a saline solution or holy basil juice in your ears for a few minutes each day.
6. Vitamins for Tinnitus Approach
Sometimes tinnitus can be due to the lack of essential vitamins received through a good nutritional diet. But, you can overcome a dietary vitamin deficiency by taking supplements that will have a positive impact on relieving or curing your tinnitus.
There are four specific vitamins. The precise vitamins noted, are Ginkgo-Biloba, Lipoic Acid, Zinc, and Antioxidants.
Another recommends the full range of B vitamins, B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, and B-12.
The article also talks about the benefits of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Folic Acid. The core value of these vitamins is the improvement of blood circulation throughout your body to relieve or eliminate tinnitus sounds.
Acupuncture for Tinnitus
Another valuable avenue of treatment is acupuncture for tinnitus. This practice may not fit in the category of home remedies, but it is an effective method that may relieve or cure your tinnitus noises.
The use of acupuncture for tinnitus was studied by the National Institute of Health, and the results found the treatment to be beneficial to the patients.
Well, as you see, there is a whole range of natural home remedy approaches that you can use to reduce or eliminate those pesky tinnitus sounds that you are experiencing.
There is no need to live with those disturbing noises when relief is easily assessable. All you need to do is to find an approach that is appealing to you and your lifestyle.
Give one, or two, a try to see how beneficial it can be. After all, you have nothing to lose, and only blissful silence to gain.